Monday, March 17, 2014

I Am Sticking With It

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Luck 'o The Irish and all that jazz!!!

I can honestly say that I am FINALLY feeling a little inspired to post again.  It has come on just as quickly as my inexcusably long spell of feeling totally uninspired.  There is no rhyme or reason that I know of, but I do know that I am happy about it!  To be 100% honest, I did some soul searching during my latest dry spell and asked myself the really tough questions....was I really enjoying this blogging thing? was it becoming a chore, rather than something I loved? do I really want to keep it up?  After giving it some very serious consideration, the answer to all the questions was a resounding yes!  Now a yes to question number 2 was scary because I have always said that when I feel like blogging is a chore, I will walk away...no regrets. However, I gave myself the time to stew on that one for awhile and gave myself a deadline to either pull myself together and start posting again or bid adieu to this blogging thing.  My deadline was March 31st. Luckily, a couple of weeks ago, the urge to connect with my followers came creeping back and my wheels started turning.

In the last month or so, I have really been focusing on me and making myself a priority right along with the other things that I used to put first.  I battle with this...a lot.  I think that may have had something to do with the long break - I was feeling incredibly overwhelmed, a bit on the out of control side would be a safe assessment.  In short, I have started attending a fit camp (I am sure you will hear more about this in the coming weeks) and I have also joined a gym that finally opened on Saturday....hallelujah!  This gym is literally 2 minutes from home AND it has 24/7 365 day access.  Both of these are great motivators for me, especially since I can run home and still be able to get a workout in and not have to drive all the way across town again. Anyway, I am not turning this into a health and workout blog, but don't be surprised to see an update here and there or a post that is healthy living focused.

I have also been dying to share my Disney album with you guys as well as another album that I have had in the works for some time.  Before, I never thought I should share much until I was 100% complete....I am not really sure where that came from, just one of my quirks I guess.  Anyway, the first part of the Disney album is complete and thanks to this guy....

Yes, he is sitting on the dining room table...doing his best to grab some natural light
it is photographed and ready to share.  Even though the entire project is not done I am stepping out of my comfort zone!  I plan to share it in three installments starting tomorrow  I am hoping to do a lot more sharing in the future...project complete or not.  Documenting has definitely become a passion for me and I don't want to put boundaries on myself in regards to what is and isn't share worthy at any given time.  I am still battling with my DSLR and am hoping to sit down in the next couple of months and get through the classes that I was gifted last year.  Hopefully, at which point there will be noticeable improvement in my photographs!

Finally,  a new blog design is the very early stages.  I have thought for awhile that maybe I should simplify, clean house so to speak.  I have been longing for a single sidebar so that I have the room to post larger photos and I believe this new design will not only be significantly less busy but it will give me that extra space that I am looking for.  In case you are wondering, Katie is sticking with me as a contributor.  She will still be here sharing her memory keeping and crafting on the third Thursday of every month and I couldn't be more happy about that!  To those of you that are still here and reading, thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me during my extended down time...it means the world to me!!!!

Check back tomorrow for Part 1 of the Disney Cruise album from (cough, cough) 2005.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're sticking with it! I go through those times too for sure. I can't wait to see the first installment of your Disney album! Zach looks so sweet photographing them for you. I DO want to hear more about the fit camp and working out. I always need motivation! I think our blogs should reflect our lives, no matter what we're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so glad that you are sticking with it and I can't wait to see the new blog design - and your Disney album!

    I think its great that you are going to share some of your fit camp and healthy living ideas. I always like to see what is going on with everyone's lives outside of scrapping - and I know I can relate to the healthy living thing. PS. I'm jealous you found a gym so close with such great hours!

    I'm honored to be continuing on as a contributor on your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Glad you're back from your sabbatical! I enjoy that you share your lives with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all go through those times when we feel blogging becomes a chore. It does take a lot of time. I think some time off and a new design will help with inspiration. A fresh start.

    Good luck with the fitness plan. Just take your time and stick with it. Results will come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how I missed this post... I've been relying on Bloglovin' to give notify me of updates and I guess I just missed it. Anyway, I'm THRILLED you are continuing on with your blog!!!! Love this picture of Zach too. So sweet of him to photograph the album for you. Can't wait to see some living posts too! That is awesome the gym is so close to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see that you are still here blogging.
    I have been blogging for 4 yrs and have always said that I will stop if I don't enjoy it anymore…I still enjoy it :)
    I have also had the same background and have been thinking of changing it as well.
    I can't wait to see what you do to your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly how you feel!
    I have gone through phases where I just don't feel like blogging, but don't want to totally give it up.
    So glad to see you are sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!