Thursday, January 16, 2014

Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories: Jan 2014

As promised when I actually posted yesterday, Katie is here today.  She is mixing things up a bit and instead of a layout she is sharing tips on how to mix tabletop frames, but obtain a cohesive look.  Take it away, Katie!

Photobucket

******************************
Happy 2014 everyone!

I know I usually share a scrapbook layout, but I thought it would be fun to share something a little different today.

Most of my photos get put into albums through layouts or Project Life. But that doesn't mean I don't have photos all over my apartment!

One of my favorite places to display photos is on our built in bookshelves. We have one shelf full of matchy but not matching frames!

And since that might not make sense to anyone but me...here's a collage!


Recently, a friend asked me how to decide which frames to mix.

There are a few basics that I (think) I've figured out to mixing up a bunch of random frames without it looking like you mixed up a bunch of random frames! At least, I think they look nice together :)

The first is to chose a basic style for a majority of your frames. One day, Michael's was having a big frames sale, so I bought a four pewter finish frames with little crystals on them. That became my "basic". In time, we added the "Chicago" and engagement ring frames.


But this could be anything - clear frames, black frames, wooden frames, etc.

Then, I sprinkled in some different frames. They each have an element that ties them all together. The silver writing on the white frames ties in to the pewter finished ones, the black frame ties into the darker portions of the pewter frames, and the wooden frame adds a nice pop of color + the white on it ties into the white frame.


Some of these frames also match other things in our apartment. For example, we have another blue beach themed frame in the living room (near these bookshelves), so it creates some continuity in the room.

All in all, I'm really happy with how these frames all look together!


I know wherever we move next, I'm going to need to find a bookshelf to display my pictures!

Do you have lots of pictures in your home too? What are some of your favorite ways to display them?

6 comments:

  1. I love having framed photos around! Your frames do all tie together nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome! We have tons of framed photos in our house too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great all together like that.
    We have lots of photos in our home as well. Photos of the family and photos that Ashley took, as they are artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love, love when Michael's has great sales on frames!
    I do have quite a few frames with favorite photos.
    I don't like a lot of knick knacks for dusting, but I don't mind frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great frames there! Also, you are so organized with them. We were just talking about this today and what to do with all of our vacation pics and family photos. So much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful tips towards a healthier life.
    Hi, This is a good blog as we also provide good and effective herbal products jrksiddha

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!