Friday, October 4, 2013

Orlando 2013: A Girl's Weekend....The Final Installment

On our final full day in Orlando, we got a really slow start.  We decided that it was going to be another beach day and decided to grab brunch before heading towards Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach.  He headed to Dexter's  - which is apparently rather happening on Sunday mornings.  We managed to snag three seats at the bar and although it took awhile to get our food...it was worth the wait!


Once we finally got on the road to Cocoa Beach, we hit a massive rain storm.  We were worried that the day was going to be a bust, but we didn't give up.  The weather finally started to clear and our first stop was capturing pics on I Dream of Jeannie Ln - in case you didn't know, I Dream of Jeannie was filmed in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. 



Even though it still looked like rain, we decided to brave the beach.....







Why yes, I do have Fred Flintstone feet!


Megan wrote in the sand to commemorate our visit to Cocoa Beach and even included the bottle from I Dream of Jeannie
The tide crept up on us and we lost drinks and magazines, but we took it all in stride.  To me, any day at the beach is a good day and it was a wonderful end to a great weekend!  If you missed any of the previous posts, you can find them here:

PART 1          PART 2          PART 3

I hope you enjoyed the recaps......have a wonderful weekend!

OH, WAIT!!!  I CAN'T END THIS POST WITHOUT GIVING A LITTLE SHOUT OUT TO TWO OF MY FAVORITE BLOGGERS:  KATIE FROM KATIE STORIES IS GETTING HITCHED TOMORROW....I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER!  AND I AM WISHING HEATHER FROM OUR LIFE IN A CLICK THE HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS....HER SPECIAL DAY IS TOMORROW AS WELL. BIG HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU!!! 

8 comments:

  1. FUN. FUN. FUN. I would've gone to the beach on a rainy day too. Any day on the beach is a good day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh! Thank you for the birthday shout out!! I think I'm more excited about Katie's wedding! Lol! Your trip sounded amazing to very end. I loved I Dream of Jeanie so it was cool to see all of that. That shot of all your feet..it's a framer for that gallery wall!! Enjoy your weekend and thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly captured our girls weekend, it was so fun reading all installments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time.
    Love the photo of all your feet with the letters in the sand.:)
    I am so excited for Katie and AJ!!!
    I will go and wish Heather a Happy Bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That brunch looks delicious!!! The weather was like that the day day we went to the beach too, but we still had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you! It rained on us in Galveston but i didnt mind one bit. The bottle in the sand is a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip looks like it was so much fun! Girls weekends are the best and it's so nice that you have been able to do that with these ladies two years in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This trip looks like so much fun! I'm glad you decided to brave the beach, even in the rain. Sometimes those are the best days because the beach isn't as crowded! I love the shot with the words written in the sand. Its like the perfect scrapping picture!

    Thank you so much for the shout out :) I can't believe this was almost three weeks ago!!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!