Thursday, May 23, 2013

Where Have I Been? The Very Random Pictureless Recap

I am sure that by now a lot of you are quite convinced that I have permanently abandoned my blog....and for those of you that are still stopping by, consider yourself hugged from the bottom of my heart.  I miss blogging that is for sure.  So here is what has been up....no excuses, just the facts

1. The lease on my new place started on March 1 (the lease on my apartment did not end until April 28).  For the better part of two months I had things in two places.  I truly thought this was a great thing - I could take my time moving...no rush.  In hindsight, I think it is better to just have a long weekend to move.  Although, had that been the case it would have been difficult to paint practically the entire place like I (along with a lot of help from some absolutely wonderful friends) actually accomplished.  Zach and I are settling in and getting things hung on the walls but still tackling the organization of our storage area....AKA the garage.

2.  This is busy season at my office.  From February through June is our busy season.  Two ladies in my office quit in early March....June is right around the corner and I am still there all by my lonesome.  It has made for a rough season.  Many nights when I get home, I cannot stand the thought of opening my computer after a 10 to 11 hour day.  Even to blog.  I have been making a valiant effort to keep up with my regular reads and continue to comment, especially where those comments frequently lead to a short email conversation!  You ladies know who you are...and I hope that you know that you frequently bring a smile to what would otherwise be a trying day!  For those of you that have wondered if I am still lurking....yep, I am right there with ya on most days....please know that I am the friendly lurker, not that one that you are considering filing a restraining order on.  Somehow I have managed to not lose but a small handful of followers through this unplanned blog hiatus...am I lucky or what???  I have never been one to be obsessed by numbers, but I noticed this morning that I had miraculously gained one....and it was none other than the one, the only, Lindsey from The Real Nancy Clue.  Lindsey is not for the faint of heart, but she is the real deal.  She is a huge fan of the "F" word and doesn't take crap from anyone.  I was also pretty blown away when Holly from Where We Can Live Like Jack & Sally showed up as a follower.  Holly is so funny and another blogger that above all keeps it real and doesn't sugar coat.  Those have been my recent brushes with blog celebrities...and during a blog hiatus no less!  Thank you to each and every one of my followers for sticking by me during this crazy time.  Do you have bloggers that would leave you star struck?  Or what about those ones that you may not be exactly star struck over, but you might just want to grab in a big bear hug because they already feel like IRL friends....(HELLO, Katie, Heather, Becky!!!!)  I want to hear about them.

3.  Finally, I am doing all the decorations for Zach's 6th grade graduation party.  I am not going over the top by any means...after all it is 10 boys. The moms will care, but the boys not so much.  It is taking a lot of time, but a lot of love is going into them.  I hope it will turn out the way I am envisioning it.  It will be consuming my long holiday weekend, but come next Tuesday night it will all be over but the crying....literally.  Zach has been at the same small private school since kindergarten and the thought of him being done there and moving on to public junior high scares me to death, not to mention the flood of emotions.  There will definitely be a post recapping that night....so be looking for it.

If the combination of the blog hiatus and this crazy all over the place post has not been enough to send you running for the hills then you deserve a medal....or maybe you really do like me (AKA a very young Sally Fields at the Academy Awards).  I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and hopefully you will hear from me again sooner rather than later!

6 comments:

  1. You have been much missed, Julie!! Hopefully you will be sharing your craftiness from the graduation party...?? :) Can't wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed seeing your posts but I'm so glad we have I/G to keep in touch with and your sweet comments on my blog!! "I really like you!!" :) I do!!
    I can't wait to see these decorations! How special..you will be a basket case..bring the tissues!
    Enjoy your long weekend and don't work too hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm With Heather, Thank God For IG :) Oh, And Email Too! We Know You've Been Busy, But That Happens To All Of us, It's Life :) One Day, When We All Meet Up, After Our Big Bear Hug, we'll Sit Down With Our Adult Beverages And laugh about This Little Hiatus :)

    Can't Wait To See The Recap. Hope This Weekend Goes Well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, I want to be on the instagrams with everyone else!

    Life can get so busy, but we are all here waiting for you, whenever you are ready! I cannot wait to see those decorations for the party. Even if the boys don't notice so much, you know we will!

    I know what you mean about the bloggers you feel like you actually know IRL. But one day we will have that bear hug, and those adult beverages Becky's talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still here and glad things are going well!
    Good luck with the graduation party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cosmetic Dentistry. Services provided include tooth whitening, porcelain veneers, crowns, cosmetic dentistry and root canal treatment.
    burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!