Monday, May 6, 2013

First Mondays With Megan: May 2013


For all you craft junkies out there....are you mad for washi tape?  I will admit, I am behind on most trends...crafty or otherwise.  I finally broke down and tried a bit with my last scrapbook and now realize what all the fuss is about.  What a quick and easy way to add a punch to pretty much any project that you are working on.  Megan from The House Of Martinez is here to share a tutorial she found for some fun washi bookmarks....and so easy to customize any way that you would like!

Photobucket

DIY: Washi Tape Bookmarks

I've posted before about my love for washi tape, and here is yet another fun idea I found over at How About Orange. The tape below is from the ever stylish Jonathan Adler, plus some solid orange tape found at Michaels craft store.

typographic-quote-bookmarks

MATERIALS:
- washi tape, assorted styles and colors depending on your preference
- white card stock
- scissors

diy-tape-bookmarks

Place three strips of tape side by side on a sheet of cardstock and trim it into a rectangle. You can leave the bookmark as is once the tape is applied to the front, or add a quote to the middle. Here, she added a little Groucho Marx humor and attached the quote with solid tape. To make your own, download the Groucho quote right here. Print the page, cut out the little rectangles, and attach them to the taped-up card stock. It's that simple. So grab your favorite book, a tall glass of lemonade and stretch out in that backyard hammock!

washi-tape-bookmarks

5 comments:

  1. Love washi!
    And these are so, so, so cute!
    Very mod :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great :)
    I love washi tape..I think I am late to the washi party, but I'm catching up, teehee.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!