Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guest Artist: CTMH

A few months ago as I was browsing blogs, like I regularly do. I found a post by Christina of See Christina Scrapbook.  She had been chosen to be a guest designer on Suzanne's blog Suzastampin's Creation Station. I of course hopped over to check out Christina's layouts.  I thought this was such a fun idea and signed up to participate as well.  I was thrilled when I was picked to be the Guest Artist for January.  Suzanne is a consultant for the scrapbook company Close To My Heart. At the end of December she ordered me their Avonlea on the go kit.  I had until the 15th of January to create the layout that was featured in the kit as well as other projects with  the leftover supplies from the kit ( I may or may not have been a few days late).

I will admit...I am not used to following a "pattern" per se so it was a bit of a challenge for me.  In addition to the required two page layout, I completed two additional two page layouts for the Chicago scrapbook that I am currently working on.  The kit contained quite a bit of green so it coordinated perfectly with the St, Patrick's Day pages I was working on.

 photo DSCF4031_zpsb9f468f9.jpg
DSCF4032_zpsac86d1fa photo DSCF4032_zpsac86d1fa.jpg
DSCF4035_zps490a2ff9 photo DSCF4035_zps490a2ff9.jpg
DSCF4034_zps55b7f8e9 photo DSCF4034_zps55b7f8e9.jpg

The next layout is from our trip to the T-Shirt Deli in Chicago.  Not only did I scrap photos, but also all kinds of little extras that came from the gift wrapping - so cute!

 photo DSCF4039_zps22e38e00.jpg
DSCF4041_zps2c462a2d photo DSCF4041_zps2c462a2d.jpg

The last one is from St. Patrick's Day and the GREEN Chicago River.  We missed the actual changing because I was in Walgreens buying band aids for my atrocious blisters - yep, I scrapped that detour as well! It is all part of the story....RIGHT????

DSCF4042_zpsd0d28e70 photo DSCF4042_zpsd0d28e70.jpg
DSCF4043_zps1f00e5a0 photo DSCF4043_zps1f00e5a0.jpg
A huge thank you to Suzanne for showcasing my work!

6 comments:

  1. What awesome pages! I can't believe you got all of those layouts from one kit!! I love that the green worked so well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pages! I can't believe that you got so many layouts out of one kit, that is so great!

    The river dying pictures you got are awesome! I love that you included the trip to Walgreens. I've never heard of the t-shirt deli I need to check it out before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "you" I meant "I"...when I leave! I'm losing my mind!

      Delete
  3. Great pages!
    I love how you added all the little bits on the second page.
    And that third layout is just fabulous.
    Great photo design!
    And so fun to see the river green :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such great pictures of your boy! Love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!