Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mommy Confessions: A Link Up

I am not sure how I stumbled upon Heather's blog, but I am sure glad that I did.  She is super FUNNY and I love blogs that make me laugh.  And, there is this other thing....she has one of the cutest little boys, like EVER.  He runs a very close second to mine: 

 
Zach at one.....he has excellent taste in beverages, even at a young age.....just like his mamma!
How can you resist that face????

Anyway, I digress....I am linking up today with her @ Cookies for Breakfast for Mommy Confessions.

Your Website Name
Now that my "little" guy is twelve (and just about as tall as I am), there are not many things that I have to confess these days.  We is pretty self sufficient and quite intelligent for a twelve year old - in other words there isn't much that I can pull over on him .  However, I have definitely had my moments.  My confession  has to do with the tooth fairy.   Quite a few years ago when Zach still believed in the tooth fairy (not to mention...Santa, the Easter bunny, etc.) he lost a tooth one evening right before bed.  Now if you know anything about me, you know that I rarely carry cash....huge mistake!!!!  You would think that I would learn.  Anyway, Zach was soooo excited that the tooth fairy would be visiting overnight.  As I listened to him ramble on, as only toddlers can do....I was in full freak out mommy mode.  What in the hell was I going to do????  I didn't even have a dollars worth of change lingering in the bottom of my purse.   And then out of nowhere - divine inspiration (ok, actually I was worried that at any moment lightning would surely strike me dead).I opened my mouth and out poured this atrocious fib - wait for it........
"Zachary, in order for the tooth fairy to come the same night that you lose your tooth, it has to come out prior to dinner.  Otherwise, she can't squeeze all the children into her travels."

And then, I held my breath....he bought it hook, line and sinker! He was concerned that she would forget to add him to the list, but I assured him that not only was he on the list, I was quite convinced he was at the top of her list.  I am also pretty convinced that I am going to hell for that one.  As a reward for his patience, that crazy tooth fairy rewarded him with a brand new $10 bill...a small price to pay to keep the dream alive for a bit longer.

Be kind....I can already hear you guys whispering about the whacked out mom blogging over at A Beautiful Day!  But let me assure you, Zach seems to be suffering no horrible side effects from my epic mommy fail, in fact...he is turning out to be a really awesome young man no thanks to the tooth fairy fiasco.

If you have a Mommy Confession that you are brave enough to share....come on, you know you want to - head over and link up @ Cookies for Breakfast.  We won't jusdge....well, as long as it isn't any more horrific than the tooth fairy incident.

Tomorrow is the last day to enter my 200 Follower Giveaway.  The giveaway closes tomorrow at midnight...don't miss out!

4 comments:

  1. Haha I have a friend that forgot THREE nights in a row to have the tooth fairy come. So funny.
    Thanks for linking up with us!
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, that picture is AWESOME! Secondly, love the story. The Tooth Fairy gets us every time! We never have cash either, and for awhile there, it seemed Abie was losing a tooth every couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember the tooth fair well. I, too, remember fondly the times when I could pull the wool over the boys eyes. Every now and then I can still get them but it takes immense planning and foresight. Things that don't come around too often.

    Following you back on bloglovin' and wanted to say thanks for stopping by Two Martini Lunch! Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHH there are no words for how much I love this post!!!! First, I'm a sucker for flattery, so your intro TOTALLY completely just made my day (thaaaaaank youuuuuu!!!!!!)! Love you to pieces!

    And the tooth fairy story?!? Flippin' hilarious!!!! I'm impressed that you were able to think that fast! I probably would have been left stuttering, "Um, uh, um, uh, tooth fairy?" I keep re-reading the story and I'm laughing every time! (more like snorting, trying not to laugh out loud and wake Ben up from his nap!).

    Ahh, thank you thank you all around - great linkup post!!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!