Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cross 'Em, PLEASE

This may sound silly, but I need everyone crossing their fingers, toes, eyes...really whatever you can cross.  My last three Couch Potato to 5K workouts have been seriously rough.  At about 1 to 1.5 miles my feet have been getting "tingly" - the only way I know to describe it is to tell you that they feel like they are asleep.  Not a great feeling when you are trying to run.  So pretty much I hit about 2 miles and I can't go any further.  I have been completing the workouts based on the time, but have not made any progress as far as distance.

Tonight is the last workout in the C25K training program and honestly, I am SCARED!  In just over 3 weeks, I have to increase my distance by over a mile....GULP!!!!  I hope that these babies are going to help me accomplish that:


I found out that I was running in cross trainers - huge mistake!  Although up until about two and a half weeks ago, I did not have one bit of trouble with them.  My knees didn't hurt, my shins didn't hurt and up until I developed "tingly feet", they did hurt either.  I went to The Runner in Arlington.  If you are in the area and are in the market for running shoes or gear, definitely check them out.  They are very knowledgeable and went above and beyond to make sure that I got a great fit.  The owner even gave me a 30 day exchange option in case they don't work out, cause girlfriend can't make another investment like that for awhile.  I am guessing that you can't get a deal like that at the Nike superstore....just sayin'.

Anyway,  if you got it....cross it.  I would really appreciate it!  If they don't work, I am not sure what I will do,but I am not going to think about that right now.  Just thinking positive thoughts.  I will do my best to post a quick update tomorrow, but if you are just dying to know, follow me on Instagram.  The news will hit there first.  Thanks, y'all and have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! That stinks about the wrong shoes - but the new ones are super cute!

    I'll be crossing my fingers and my toes for you - and I'll tell AJ to cross 'em too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope they work for you!!! Everything is crossed!!! Oh I wish we lived closer bc I really need a running buddy!! Have a good run tonight!
    -kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope these work out for you!! Who would have thought different shoes would make the difference. Tennis shoes, apparently, are not all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're even spiffier in color! i have had that problem with my feet on the elliptical before. lasted a week or so and then it was gone?

    anywho crossing it all for ya -- but you will rock it!!!

    xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was your run?! Congrats on finishing the program! Did you get fitted for the new shoes? I had the same problem- tingling toes and am wearing NewBalance 1540's they got me thru my first half marathon in April! I need a new pair now! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!