Thursday, September 13, 2012

DFW Blogger Event 09.08.12 (Finally!)

To some of you this is stale news....I think I am the last of the group to get my post up.  But as I always say "better late than never".  I thought about not posting it since so many others have already done such a great job documenting our wonderful evening, but then I really wanted it on my own blog so here goes......



Earlier this summer I joined a Facebook group for "Texas Bloggers" started by Jennifer from Finding My Way In Texas.  I have been know to be a little shy until I get to know people, but I was determined to jump in with both feet.  I jumped at the first opportunity to meet Jennifer at a craft show she was participating in over in Fort Worth.  She was an absolute delight and from then on I had the bug to meet other members of the group.  Enter the first DFW Blogger Event.  I co-hosted with two other ladies from the group:  Sarah from City Girl Gone Country and Taylor from Goings On In Texas.  It was held at A Piece of Work where you can socialize, indulge in some wine and create a painting - which may or may not be suitable for display in your home.  Anyway, I will not dwell on my lack of artistic ability cuz let me tell you...it was a blast!!!!

Row 1 - The hostesses: Sarah, Taylor and I
Row 2 - Part of the group, the entire group with our finished projects
Row 3 - Jill @ Nokoikonomia,, Nicole @ Three 31, Cynthia @ Oh So Pinteresting
I could not have asked for a more wonderful group of ladies.  They were fun, beautiful, engaging and quite a few of them were pretty darn funny!  We all had blogging in common but were unique in what we brought to the table based on the focus of our blogs.  It was great to finally meet ladies whose blogs I have been following regualry for months.  They were all genuine and were just as they portrayed themselves on their blogs and I LOVED that!

Row 1 - Jill and Kristen @ Few of My Favorite Things, Becky @ The Java Mama and I
Row 2 - Holli @ Holli's Hoots and Hollers, April @ Red Dirt Mama and Kristen
 
To sum it all up...there was good food, good wine, fabulous fellowship and some painting.  The ladies at A Piece of Work were wonderful.  Our instructor was very informative, patient and supportive...all necessary qualities when dealing with ladies  ok ME, who can only pretend that they know what they are doing.  I would recommend them to anyone interested in a fun night out.

I can't close this post without sending a shout out to Kristen at Little Laws Prints.  If you are ever in the market for party accessories, stationery or invitations she is your gal!!!!  Her customer service is second to none...talk about speedy turnaround...WOW!!!  I told her what I had in mind for the event and she had proofs ready for me to look at in less than a day...it was like she was reading my mind.  She also went above and beyond for me when I had trouble with my Paypal account and made sure that everything arrived on time. She provided the banner, tent cards for the food and the little button rounds for the favor boxes - which I thought were the perfect final touch for the boxes.


Thank you so much to all the ladies that joined us for this fun evening....I am already looking forward to the next time that we can all get together.  And a special thanks to Sarah, April, and Becky for allowing me to grab some of your photos.....there were so many talented photographers that I didn't see much point in getting out my camera and fighting the more often than not, non-operating flash.

I am sorry that I didn't grab pics of everyone, but this post is getting crazy long and I am fading quickly.  Please know that I feel blessed to have met each and every one of you....in the words of Nicole you are all the "bee's knees"!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had so much fun! I WILL find a way to make it to the next get together... or I'll just plan it here in my own town ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so so excited that it turned out so well! Means a lot to be able to see my "work" being enjoyed! Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to texas and I am still new to the blogger world. I would love to meet you guys! Will there be another event.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!