Friday, August 17, 2012

Share the Love: Wish Upon A Wedding

I learned about Wish Upon A Wedding  when one of my favorite photographers on the planet Christine Tremoulet photographed this wedding.  Aside from the wonderful photography, the story warmed my heart and I immediately started trying to figure out a way that I could help.  At this point the closest chapter of WUW is Houston and that is good 5 hour drive for me.  I am obviously not in the wedding industry and can't really provide a service, but I did  sign up to be a Wish Granter by offering a keepsake collage for the couple, provided I could either work with them or the designated photographer to get digital images.  I long for the day that I get that call or email!

http://wishuponawedding.org/about-our-wish/apply-for-a-wish/
Until I get that call, I am trying to help in other ways.  This has been Share the Love week at Wish Upon  A Wedding.  They have asked for help raising awareness of the organization and what they do, specifically through avenues of social media.  I received my information a bit late and am squeaking in under the wire to get the word out.  I challenge you to visit their site and see if you are not moved by the stories of unconditional love of the recipients and the amazing wishes that they have granted.

I also jumped on this opportunity:


I have been lugging around a huge heirloomed wedding dress from move to move for the better part of 15 years....why?  I have no idea, but in the last couple of years I have wanted to resell it just to get it out of my closet.  It takes up a lot of room and I have a son...he will never want it.  But try as I might I could not get a consignment shop to take it because they said that it was too old.  It was never about the money for me, but for some reason I couldn't just dump it off at the Good Will and feel good about it.  Enter Brides For A Cause.  They are partnering with Wish Upon A Wedding to raise money through wedding dress donation.  I immediately called them and they agreed to take my dress even though it was a bit older than the "2000 or newer" cutoff.  I was doing a serious case of the happy dance. 



So, although I haven't been able to contribute on a large scale, I am trying to do my part in the little ways that I am able.  In other words, if you have a dress in your closet taking up space and potentially collecting dust...there is a solution, not to mention a wonderful cause! 

If you or someone you know could benefit from a wish granted through Wish Upon a Wedding, click here and submit an application.  Have a great weekend and don't forget to "SHARE THE LOVE"! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of these ideas. If you don't mind, I'm going to share this post on twitter because I really want to get the word out about the awesome ways to help!

    I hope someone calls you for an album soon. That is so awesome and I'm sure any bride (or groom!) would love to have such a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this information! I've also wondered what to do with my wedding dress, not wanting to just drop it off at a thrift store. This is the perfect solution!

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!