Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Me, Myself & I: A Link Up Party

I am excited to be linking up with Breanna (yep, she is part of the Texas Bloggers group) of My Beautiful Crazy Life for the first  "Me, Myself & I" link up party. 

 
This is a great way to learn fun, random facts about your fellow bloggers. The hosts give you five questions and you provide the answers and any details that you may want to share.  So, here goes......

1. What is your biggest phobia?    SNAKES...hands down, there isn't even anything that comes in a close second.   They petrify me, freak me out and down right scare the beejeezus out of me in a nutshell.  Although the large ones are worse, they are all bad in my book and even the smallest ones completely creep me out.  Remember this scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"?  I adore this movie, one of my all-time favorites, but when it comes time for this scene, I literally have to pick my feet up off the floor and hug my knees...no kidding!
<>
"Snakes.  Why did it have to be snakes?"
2.  If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?  The day that my sweet Zachary Braedon was born.   Let me just preface this by saying I would not want to change one minute of the actual birth, just perhaps how it was remembered.   These days there are so many wonderful and creative things that moms to be are doing to make this day even more special and I so wish that I had those opportunities….first and foremost, a professional photographer on hand documenting the day.  My son is almost twelve…we did not have a digital camera at that time and although we did have a camera at the hospital and shot a roll of film, when we got it developed the film was blank.  It was absolutely heartbreaking!  Our film was not expired, but there was definitely some type of camera malfunction.  We contacted Kodak and although they apologized profusely and sent us a brand new camera the loss of the treasured photos was something that can never be replaced.

3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what would it be?  This is a tough one, but I choose to believe that I have plenty of wonderful times ahead of me and wouldn’t want to stop at any age and miss out on all the good things to come.

4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Years ago, literally, a few people told me that I looked like Elizabeth McGovern.  Elizabeth who?  Well, she was in a movie with Sean Penn (I think it was called “Racing the Moon”) as well as "She's Having a Baby" and she is currently starring in Downtown Abbey, which I hear people raving about but I have yet to see.  Honesty, I don't see it, but I was flattered none the less.
Elizabeth McGovern
5.What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?  Not surprisingly, based on the name of my blog… “A Beautiful Day” by U2.  It doesn’t matter what kind of day that I am having or what is going on in my life this song never fails to put a smile on my face.  It makes me happy, plain and simple!  Also, “Bittersweet Symphony” by The Verve.  When I was taking childbirth classes, the instructor told us to pick a song that would help us focus during labor.  Not sure why, but this song jumped out at me and every time I hear it, it NEVER fails to remind me of November 2, 2000.  The day that I was blessed with the sweetest miracle.  The last one may be kind of cliché, but “What Doesn’t Kill Us Makes Us Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.  It has kind of become an anthem of sorts.  It is hard to listen to it and not get kind of pumped about and not feel just a tad invincible.



And there you have it for the first installment of Me, Myself & I.  Hope you enjoyed and don’t forget to head over to My Beautiful Crazy Life, give Breanna a shout and then for heaven’s sake answer the questions and link yourself up!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Yay for hating snakes!! I mean, it's not really that great..but at least we share in our misery together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, so sorry about the birth pics. What a great fun collection of tidbits to share :)

    *anna
    oceannah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!