Monday, July 23, 2012

Fellow TEXAS BLOGGERS Series: Part 4

Happy Monday! Glad you stopped by for the fourth round of the "Fellow TEXAS BLOGGERS Series".  I am so excited to have Kelley visiting today from The Grant Life.  For those of us in blogland that don't have a clue when it comes to the technical stuff (yes, I am totally referring to myself) Kelley is your gal. "If ya got a blog problem, yo' she'll solve it".  If you picked up on that Vanilla Ice reference good for you, and if you don't know who VI is, well I just don't know what to say to that other than I REALLY showed my age.  And if you are now tempted to not read any further because that was just too hokey for words, I apologize.  Please read on...Kelley is going to enlighten you if you have ever been curious about offering paid sponsorships on your blog.  Take it away, Kelley!

Hi A Beautiful Day fans!  I am so happy to be here today!  [Isnt Julie the sweetest?!  Love her!]  My name is Kelley and I blog over at The Grant Life.  I'm kinda crafty, always thrifty and I love to cook.  I also write about my two blonde haired and blue eyed babies, Ryley and Avery.


 
I've ben blogging for a little over a year now and I absolutely love it!  The blog world is full of so much love, support and genuine friendships.  One thing I enjoy doing is promoting fabulous blogs and shops. A few months ago I began offering paid sponsor spots on my site and it has been so much fun!  Im not an expert but I wanted to share what I know about accepting sponsors on your blog/site.  


1. Have time to promote
I suggest waiting to accept sponsors until you have the time to promote.. not only the sponsor but your site as well.  The more visitors to your site the greater the exposure for you and your sponsor. 

2. Have similar content
Its best to accept ads from sites with similar content.  People visit your site because they enjoy your posts.. its best to promote sites that you know your readers will enjoy.  


3. Set Expectations
Share your stats with your potential sponsors which lets them know how many readers you reach each month.  Also, tell them if you include any extras in their paid spot.  I.e. - social shout outs, giveaway and guest post options.  

4.  Establish an online presence
Its an added bonus when you are involved in other social outlets that will help drive traffic back to your site. 

5. Have a common interest
Establish not only a working relationship but a friendship as well.  [This one is my favorite!]   


6.  Stay organized
Keep up with your sponsors needs and help them as much as possible.  I created a simple sponsor checklist that helps me stay organized.. and Im sharing it with you today!  

Right click, save and print! 
I hope you enjoyed my sponsor printable and my tips on accepting sponsors!  If yall get a chance be sure to stop by my blog, enter my giveaways, link up to my party or just say hello!  Thanks again to Julie for having me on her amazing site!  

Kelley, thank you so much for sharing this valuable information on sponsorships.  It has confirmed for me what I had already been thinking that I am just not quite ready to jump into the paid sponsorship arena.  For now I am going to stick with the button swap / guest post option and continue to focus on being a more consistent poster.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! It's so cute!:) I'd love it if we followed each other!

    Shelby xoxo
    shelbychasingbirdies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!