Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Latest Scrapbook & Unveil Your Genius

REVISED:  I just started following Taylor earlier this week or I would have saved this post for her Unveil Your Genius Link Party.  Anyway, because sometimes my finished projects are few and far between I am linking up with a post that is a few days old.....so sorry if that is a NO, NO!!!  I promise to to better next time.  Make sure to check out Taylor at Goings On In Texas.  She is a fellow Texas Blogger and I kinda LOVE her blog...I bet you will too!

Unveil Your Genius Link Party

Sorry this has taken me so long!  I wanted to get this posted over the weekend, but there was just too much going on, not to mention I have been battling sinus junk and haven't felt like  a million.  Anyway, I know that I have posted several sneek peeks of this scrapbook over the last few months, but I was really excited about how it turned out so I wanted to post it in it's entirety

Ed threw a surprise party for his lovely wife Diva for her 40th birthday.  After the success of having a photographer at my mom's surprise party last year, I managed to convince Ed to do the same.  All the photos contained in this scrapbook were courtesy of Winn Fuqua.  He captured everything and was great to work with!


They were absolutely thrilled with the book...I don't think that they could have been any happier. I can never ask for anything more than that!  For me, presenting the finished product is my favorite part of the process.  Don't get me wrong - I love the creative side of it as well, but there is nothing like seeing the recipient enjoy their first glimpse of their scrapbook or collage. It truly makes my heart sing!!!!

Diva, Ed and Ed's mom looking through their album

Ed, Diva and I
As I have mentioned before, I am struggling to get good pictures of my scrapbooks, but thanks to some suggestions that I have received, I am hoping for a vast improvement on the next one....fingers crossed!  In case anyone is interested you can see all of my projects on my Pictures & Pens Facebook page

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Thought I'd pop on over and check out your blog. :) I love the background!!! It has one of my favorite colors!!! {PINK} ;) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello! Howdy right back at ya, and now I'm going to add your blog to my reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid Julie, just wow.
    *anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scrapbook that you made for your friend! That was so nice of you to create one for her, and I love how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!