Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Simple Stuff...But I'm Loving It

I am generally behind the times on pretty much….EVERYTHING!  Remember, I just finally went Android less than a month ago – prior to that I had the most basic of phones that probably most 4 year olds could operate.  Enter my TOMS shoes fascination.  I have admired the cause and the idea ever since I heard about them years ago.  I have been reluctant to jump on the bandwagon – not because I didn’t believe in the cause, but because none of the shoes have jumped out and screamed “BUY ME”.  Maybe that is the wrong attitude to have – it is charity after all and going to a great cause, but I just couldn’t bring myself to buy something and just have it sit in my (incredibly out of control) closet.  So, they never screamed at me - until now.  These babies SCREAMED  spring to me and they insisted on coming home with me.

Spring in a shoe
Not only are they beyond cute they are also sustainable and vegan friendly – gotta love it!  I am now the proud owner of my first pair of TOMS…and yes, way late to jump on the bandwagon.


Here are a  few things I am excited about today (besides my new TOMS).  Just got notification from Amazon that the book I preordered “Bloom” by Kelle Hampton over at "Enjoying the Small Things" should be delivered tomorrow! 


If you are not familiar with the greatness that is KH, be sure to take a minute out of your day (I bet you end up staying a lot longer) and see what all the fuss is about.  Have any of you had the disappointing experience of asking a question via a blog comment – I mean a real question, that you are dying for the answer to and you are left out to dry?  Well, I have, and let me tell you it sucks it is very frustrating.  Well, the beyond AWESOME Shannon over @ Life After I "Dew" did not disappoint today.  Yesterday, she posted this most awesome Pintrest inspired wreath that she TOTALLY rocked!
Yes, it is perfectly fine to ewww and ahhh...I did!
I commented and told her so, and then today proceeded to ask her a gazillion questions about it and how I might recreate it.  She was a saint, I tell you!  I will tell you like I told her – I am not one of those gals that can just throw a dinner together.  I have to have a step by step recipe.  I am the same with new craft projects.  I need the “DEETS”.  She humored me at every turn, and now I feel totally compelled (and prepared) to make the damn wreath happen – whatever it takes, and just pray that it turns out half as good as hers did.  And finally…drumroll please….just precious hours ago INSTAGRAM was launched for Android!!!! 

As I have mentioned many times before I am a picture junkie.  I have stood by forever, longing to do something akin to a weekly photo dump on my own blog instead of just enjoying everyone else’s.  Now, as soon as I get things all figured out, I can join in the reindeer games also known as Instagram. 
For the few of you that are in the DFW area, I hope you survived the crazy storms this afternoon unscathed…they were wild weren’t they??? And to the rest of my blog peeps – Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Julie - I love, love, love, LOVE those shoes! I too am behind the curve on purchasing Tom's so even though I've given them to Ryan, to both my nieces, and to my mother-in-law, I don't have a pair of my own! This pair also screamed out at me the minute I saw them and I finally decided to buy a pair but I couldn't decide between the flowery pair and the bright red pair. I ended up ordering the red ones (my favorite color) and haven't received them yet and after seeing your cute ones hopefully I still like my red ones when they show up!

    And so glad you made it okay through the awful weather. So scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Julie you may be behind the curve but I'm so far back I'm over the hill still I don't even know there's a curve ahead. I don't know what Toms shoes are! You are the first person to enlighten me, thanks. So you're at least WAY ahead of me. I love the floral pattern and agree it screams of spring.
    Love the wreath too!! I'm embarrassed to admit I still have my Christmas wreath outside :(
    Have a great day!! It's wonderful to celebrate the simple things.
    *anna
    oceannah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! I guess it is better to be informed and back a cause rather than jumping in just cause all the cool kids are doing it. I am ok beimg behind the curve! And don't worry about that Christmas wreath...it will come down in good time....OR you will be way ahead of the 2012 Christmas curve!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!