Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Is Overflowing With CRAFTASTIC

Just wanted to do a short (or not so short) post and let you all know that although I haven't posted much lately....I have a bunch of stuff going on that I am super excited about.  I have finally gotten around to taking photos of all the scrapbooks that I have done for my mom, and loaded them on to Shutterfly tonight.  Why is this exciting you ask?  Well because that means I am one step closer to getting all the photos ready for my new Facebook page for Pictures & Pens.  I know, it is about time isn't it?  I currently have a fabulous website, but there is nothing current on it - as in NONE of my scrapbooking.  I am trying to move to a format that my non-techno savvy self can handle - all by myself (at least as far as updates).  I also hope to add some of the photos and information to my blog once it has it's face lift.  That is another area of great excitement.  I got my first mock up today on the new blog.  Christine, over at Smitten Blog Designs and I are not quite on the same page yet but I think we are definitely moving in the right direction.  I cannot wait for the big reveal!  Lastly, a friend at work emailed me yesterday and asked if I would be willing to print names on place cards for her family Christmas celebration.  Apparently, on the down low, she has started a little party planning business.  If you are on Facebook, you should be able to find her here at JR Events and Celebrations.  Anyway, she said in return for the place cards she would mention me on her FB page with a little shout out and pictures of the finished table as well.  Jennifer told me that she just wanted a plain red card with black writing.  I started out making a sample to her specifications, and then the crafty part of my brain kicked in.  Needless to say the samples came out a little fancier than what she had asked for.  After sending a couple of photos, Jennifer jumped right on the bandwagon and gave me the OK to give those place cards a little bling!  She is of course the brains behind the design of her family's celebration, but I am truly honored to be making a tiny contribution to making her vision a reality.  With inspiration from the place cards, I have also decided to fancy up my Christmas packages this year.  Believe it or not, my package presentation is usually pretty ho-hum, but this year I am raising the bar.  In closing, my life right now is overflowing with CRAFTASTIC and I couldn't be happier!

And because I don't like a post without at least one picture, here is another one from Zachary's latest session with Jesse.

Love that he catches expressions like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!