Monday, November 14, 2011

A Birthday Celebration

As is customary for me....I am running behind.  Things at work are crazy busy right now and honestly sometimes when I get home at night the last thing that I want to do is fire up the laptop to blog....or really to do anything computer related for that mattter.  But finally, here I am and here it goes.

Being that it is Monday, if I was on top of things, I would be blogging about my weekend.  So, I am going to write about a weekend but it is going to be two weekends ago.  My "baby" boy turned 11 on Novemeber 2nd.  Per his request we celebrated at Summit Rock Climbing in Grapevine, on Saturday the 5th.  Now usually, I make the plans and run it by him to make sure that is sounds good.  This year however he had a very specific plan about what he wanted to do.  I have to hand it to him....he hit a home run with this one.  His dad and I took him and five of his friends to Summit.  All that they do there is rock climbing ranging from beginner to intermediate walls.  Although all the boys were at different levels they all had a great time and want to go back....that is when you know that the party was good!

Zach's dad, Gabe, Zachary, Reid, Jacob, Anthony - missing one.  He arrived late due to a football game
The whole gang.  Anderson made it- he is second from the right. Zachary truly has great friends - I am one proud mama!
Zachary making his way up one of the walls
To finish up the afternoon, we headed back to Zachary's grandparents for pizza and cupcakes. Instead of cake this year, I splurged on cupcakes. If you have never had a Sprinkles cupcake....you don't know what you are missing. I opted for Red Velvet with a scull and crossbones. They were too cute and delicious as always! 

Zach ready to blow out his candles!

Happy Birthday!!!!
I cannot believe that he is already 11!  How fast the time flies.  Have a wonderful night!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a great party! Happy 11th to Zachary!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!