Sunday, October 2, 2011

Why Do You Blog and Things I Need to Keep Reminding Myself

Last week, my dad asked me why I blogged.  I don’t think he was asking about me specifically – rather why does anyone blog?  When I started, I saw it as a way to do a bit of electronic journaling since I have never been so good at writing things down.  I don’t have a big family, so not really extended family members to keep up to date, but of course there are always friends that may want to get the
4-1-1 now and then.   I personally read about 6 blogs regularly so I guess there is always that off chance that someone will come upon your blog that you probably never would have had a chance to meet had it not been for your blog.

Earlier this week, I started communicating with the wife of a coworker.  They happen to life in Arvada, CO.  Although he has been down here numerous times for meetings, the chances that she and I ever would have met are slim to none.   Ryan told me about Rachel’s blog and I started reading it regularly several weeks ago.  I think that Ryan and Rachel started following mine when Ryan joined Facebook and realized that I had one.  I started out commenting on one of Rachel’s posts, and from there she responded and we ended up exchanging emails.
So for now, when someone asks me “why do you blog?” I can say you just never know when you may come across a really great person.  I will have a success story to share!   Not sure how Rachel feels, but I think this could be the start of a great friendship, even if only through the cyberworld.  Her husband is a great friend with a fantastic work ethic.  They love the outdoors, exercising and their “fur babies”!  If you would like to follow their blog, you can find them here.  Trust me, their scenery is FAR superior!

Rachel and Ryan

I guess to sum it up, if you are reading someone’s blog become a follower, comment….make your presence known.  You just never know what is waiting around the corner!
In my last post I mentioned browsing around Pinterest.  Well, I went ahead and dove in.  I have set up an account with a few boards.  One of my boards is titled "Things I Need to Keep Reminding Myself".  That is my theme for the month.  Not sure how I came up with this, but I will throw a quote in here and there during my blogging and hopefully by the end of the month I will culminate with a post about a lady with "super powers" who helped me see that I am amazing. 
Four of the TINTKRM - thank you K, I am getting there!
Had a good weekend with fabulous weather, but I will save the details for my next post.  Night all!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice shout out! So glad we connected! I like your pinterest theme. I am a huge believer in the power of positive thinking so I love to see that you are constantly reminding yourself of all the wonderful things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you are more than welcome - maybe you will pick up a few more readers. You never know! The positive thinking thing is definitely a work in progress for me, but I am really trying. By the end of the month you will see that I have had a little help along the way. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly all four of those TYNTKRY!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!