Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blogging for the Greater Good, Scrapping and A New Additon

OK, so I am feeling quite sure that the few followers that I do have decided that I have already abanded ship after a mear 4 posts.  No such luck - I am back!  I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with the antibiotics and I am feeling 98%  myself again.  Whatever that craziness was, I hope it never comes back!

I told my son about my blog over the weekend....the response was mixed.  I think when you are ten and your mother is writing about your molding of the truth it may be a little unnerving.  But on the flip side maybe the next time he is going to do something foolish like that there could be a moment's hesitation when he thinks "do I really want mom blogging about this tomorrow".  Probably just wishful thinking, but you never know what is going to stick with a kid.

For anybody who might be wondering about my next scrapbook project it has begun.  "Craftastic" is in high gear!  A really sweet gal that I used to work with got married in October.  I told her that I wanted to do a mini scrapbook of their engagement photos for her and her husband for their wedding present.  Well, her photographer wouldn't realease any of the images until she was done editing everything from the wedding.  That happened the week after my mom's party.  So after taking my self imposed two week hiatus from anything crafty....I am back on track.  What I forgot to mention is the book is taking on a life of it's own.  What started out as an 8x8 engagement album, has turned into a full blown 12x12 to include engagement, wedding and bridal pictures.  That is my fault....once I saw her bridal portraits and attended the wedding, I told her we had to do it all.  So...200+ pictures later and I am on my way.  Her colors were hot pink and black...a welcome change after all the blue from my mom's stuff.  Don't get me wrong - I adore blue but I need a break.  Here is a tiny sneek peek of what I am creating:
Hot Pink, Black and White....LOVE IT!!!!!
I was hoping to have the pictures from the party  by now so that I could start posting the book as well as the actual party pictures but I am still patiently waiting.  OK maybe not so patiently anymore, but our awesome photographer also has a full time job.  She assured me that the disc was going in the mail yesterday, so I am crossing my fingers that maybe tomorrow something will show up in my mailbox.

My plan for this post was to introduce you to the newest member of our family, but alas I got sidetracked.  I think that I will save him for the next post...but not to worry - I would never leave you totally hanging:


Jack Bauer Kiefer Fiorito



1 comment:

  1. The new kitty is so cute! I had a sink-kitty...she was always curled up on the sink...she was white too, maybe it's a white kitty thing! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!