Saturday, February 26, 2011

Evolution of Dance w/ Glow Stick Men and Handling Stress

My son has never been one to want to get involved in school talents shows.....we can barely get him to participate in the Fall and Spring programs at school.  I think he may sing every fourth word if we are lucky.  So when he came home and told me that he was participating in the 5th Annual PRCA Talent Show this year, I have to admit I was a little taken aback.  I was even more surprised when he told me that the boys would be recreating the Evolution of Dance as glow stick men. Singing in a group may be one thing, but struttin' your stuff with three other boys in front of your school is another matter
altogether.  Especially, since the times I have seen him dance in his ten years I can count on one hand.   I was skeptical but being the supportive mom that I am I told him that I was sure that it was going to be great and I couldn't wait for the talent show to get here.  They practiced a lot and he told me that there were a couple of the segments that were really embarrassing and he didn't really want to do them.  Last night was the big night, and although I wasn't too sure what to expect I was excited because my son was excited. Zachary's group closed the first act and they literally "rocked the house".  The audience was cheering and clapping.  Although I may be a bit biased (ok, maybe a lot) they were fantastic!  Zachary was so excited when they came off the stage.  He ran up to us and said "that was epic wasn't it?".  As a mom beaming with pride, I hugged that boy and agreed "yes son, that was indeed EPIC"!  Just goes to prove that will your children will never cease to amaze you.

If you have ever checked out my "About Me" blurb you will notice near the bottom is says" I have recently discovered that I am a pretty mean party planner".  OK, with that being said, I did manage - with the financial backing of my dear dad, and "a little help from my friends" to pull of one pretty incredible party.  It has not without some consequences however.  I have come to realize that in some cases, I just don't handle stress that well.  Outwardly, there was the appearance of a pretty together person pulling it all together with some minor freak fests along the way.  Inwardly, my body had another plan.  The party got going at around 4 PM on February 12th.  At 6 PM on that same evening I began to lose my voice.  I attributed it to just being tired - I won't mention the fact that with all that great food available I had margaritas (equally as good) for dinner instead.  Well, it has only gone downhill since then.  Yesterday, I started round two of antibiotics and I feel like I have been run over by a steam roller.  I am generally not a "sickly" person.  I may get a little bug here or there, but this is going on two weeks now.  I would like to think that it is all a coincidence and one thing had nothing to do with the other, but being that I am usually a pretty healthy person I don't know what else to think.  I am not giving up though...next time I will just double up on the antioxidants and maybe call in some more reinforcements.  It was THAT much fun!!!

I will close with the invites from the party.  Guess I should have posted them before the favor boxes, but I was having technical difficulties.  Oh, the party favors were blue rimmed Mexican bubble glasses that we had for the margaritas and Sangria - pictures coming soon.  All of the party details were coordinated with the paper that I used for the memory book. I will post about the actual party and memory book once I get the pictures.  I am trying to be patient, but am so anxious to see what the very talented Macy captured.

Front and Back of Invitation

Another View


Sampling of Different Paper Designs

I Stamped the Envelopes with Hummingbirds in Versamark Ink

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!